Naturopathic medicine is a distinct branch of medicine focused on identifying and removing the obstacles to cure. It operates on a completely different philosophy than our society is used to, but one that makes intuitive sense – finding the cause of a person’s dis-ease and then working to eliminate the cause by perhaps changing lifestyle factors, environment, and properly nourishing the body and mind.
As the cause is removed, so are the symptoms that brought the person in to see the doctor. The body is given the conditions needed to heal and the patient’s vitality increases.
At Davis Naturopathic Medicine, we have a special interest in treating:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Celiac disease
- Gallbladder conditions
- Hormonal Imbalances including diabetes, osteoporosis, menopausal symptoms, PMS/dysmenorrhea/amenorrhea, PCOS
- Thyroid Disorders
Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
The principles that guide Naturopathic Doctors in restoring and maintaining health.
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae)
- Identify and Treat the Causes (Tolle Causam)
- First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere)
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere)
- Treat the Whole Person
Learn more about each principle.